Friday, December 26, 2008

Things will never be the same!

My world was altered drastically early Dec. 25th. My son got Guitar Hero 3 with the wireless guitar. I had reservations about a game where your not actually playing the music. But once out of the box and into the system, it's quite fun. My son and I stayed up till 6 am just to jam on one more classic rock tune. It was played all day. I dont like the guitar however. I prefer to rock out using the classic PS2 Dual Shock Controller. But my boy looks like a real rockstar when he really gets going with that guitar. It is very fun and very addictive. I hope it doesnt consume my world. If your kids dont have Guitar Hero think carefully before purchasing, the ramifications of this purchase could alter your familys future. No more family TV time, just us rockin out to GH. My wife already hates it, but she is holding her tongue until the holidays are over. I think she is hoping the newness will fade. She doesnt understand the gamer mentality, which is "Win, Conquer, Level UP"! I think we'll be playin this one until we beat it on expert. Rock On!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. We got a Wii for xmas and I'm addicted. The boxing is AWESOME and it's a great workout. My duaghter is only 5 but she is picking up on it, minus the few times she accidently threw the controller across the room even while wearing the strap. If you.'ve seen that commercial where the guy pitches the contoller at the TV. I bet it's happened for real! And glad you are feeling better. The flu (or worst hangover ever!) sucks.

    ReplyDelete