Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Crazy Daughter


Usually she drives me nuts, with all her weird music and love of those Twilight books. Sometimes however she enlightens me. She has gotten me addicted to Flogging Molly, she even got me liking bands like Fountains of Wayne. She has been speaking alot about the movie Hairspray, the new version with Travolta in drag. I always thought it would be stupid, why would anyone want to see Travolta dressed up like a woman. I was negative about it. I finally decided that I would watch it with her. Well once again, she changed my mind about things. The movie was thoroughly entertaining, I wanted to sing and dance with the characters in the movie. Thanks to her, my world is a much wider place with songs and images that have left their mark on my life. Sometimes, our personalities clash, we are both stubborn know-it-alls. We fight verbally, sometimes screaming at the top of our lungs. But no matter what, I love her. I've been a part of her life since she was in 1st Grade, she is now 21. She attends church and even works the Manna Kitchen to feed the poor. I respect her for that. She is not perfect, but she is my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment