Monday, September 22, 2008

Turbo, the Wonder Dog! ...and Zombie Dog!


This is our baby, Turbo, and he really is wondrous, erm, and a ...Zombie!
We received him as a gift from my sister in law.
He got his name when we first got him, he was cowering nearby when I yelled at my wife, "Are you gonna play that stupid turbo all nite?" Turbo21 to be exact on Pogo.com. He charged from his hiding place and began barking at me. So we named him Turbo.
Zombie? Yes Zombie, you read correctly. He was once involved in a fight with a much larger dog, taking on things bigger than him is classic Turbo, the bigger dog beat the living crap out of him time and time again. Turbo would always go back for more. One night my wife was leaving the driveway, heading to the store, there he was laying in the road, to all appearances dead. My brother and my son got a shovel and a garbage bag, to move him out of the road and bury him. My bro went to scoop him up with the shovel, and about 5 inches off the ground on the shovel, Turbo stood up and ran home. My bro and my son still talk about the day the dog rose from the dead. They even checked him good first to make sure he was dead. So we call him the Zombie Dog.
My wife is so attached to him that he sleeps with us at night, she calls him, "My Baby". He's my hero, my son likes to play fight, when he pretends to hit me or my wife, the dog goes nuts, to the point of trying to bite. I told my son that if the dog bit him it was his own fault. You cant provoke a dog then get mad if they bite you.
Why is he wondrous you ask, he can open the door and let himself in or out, he obeys better than any dog I have ever seen. He watches for cars when he crosses the street to pee on the neighbors trees. Our neighbor even said that he is the smartest dog hes ever seen. Turbo has another Momma, the lady across the street gives him food and even takes him in and gives him baths. Sometimes he comes home smelling like flea shampoo. We dont know the lady, but Turbo does, if shes ok by him, shes ok by us. We dont mind sharing such an incredible dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment